포럼에 올라온 개발자 공지

지나가는행인 3 7506 0 0

Hello everyone,

Somehow, it has been nearly 6 months since we've talked. Formally, anyway. During the last Dev Blog I said "next one might take a while" but we weren't really sure how long it would take before our work showed progress. In February we made a small teaser of a bridge which, despite the region not having any bridges and only one region featuring bridges prominently, some people managed to find Johto in. So, let's talk about that for a bit.

A New Generation

In last October's post, there was a section on "Client Rewrites and You" which noted our conversion to the LibGDX framework for the client. The main reason given for the work was that it would allow for Android and code cleanups, but this wasn't entirely truthful. While those are both important, the main motivation was actually the 3D rendering capabilities it allowed us.

I think we started talking about NDS regions around February of 2016, so it's been a little bit more than a year since we began. A lot of that time has been spent on research, and we're doing things never done before with NDS manipulation. I can talk your ear off about it, but really, it's easier to just show things instead, so later today we'll be doing a short PTS event for Unova. You won't be able to do much besides walk around; Scripting for the world isn't complete yet, and you'll see lots of "This function is not yet implemented." Even though there are a lot of things undecided, and we don't know how much longer it'll take to complete, we hope you'll enjoy the preview of what's to come. We'd like your feedback on performance of the new engine (especially on older computers) and where you'd like to see PokeMMO go from here, too.

I'm sure a lot of people are confused as to why we're not finishing Gen 3's content before moving on. The short answer is "It's a pain in the ass to make and not a lot of people want to play FireRed/Emerald ad infinitum." Many basic things which are still missing after 5 years (e.g. SFX, Skill Animations) are due to the difficulty of working with GBA ROMs too, and we feel like NDS gives us a better base to work with.

Gen 3 regions won't be going anywhere and you'll still be able to seamlessly traverse between NDS and GBA, but the only thing we plan on adding to Gen 3's regions for the foreseeable future are Legendaries. This is so we can focus on NDS emulation, which will eventually encompass all of the Gen 4 / Gen 5 games.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading.

NDS그래픽을 구현한다고 합니다. 

궁극적으론 5세대까지 바라보고 있는거 같네요.

3 Comments
Deadpool 2017.04.01 12:27  
신오도 있고 성도도 생길거 같음 최종적으로 하나 지방도..
Deadpool 2017.04.01 12:31  
만우절 개드립이 아니기를
영호 2017.04.01 14:53  
만우절개드립이 아니면 우리 귀여운 하늘색 해달을 볼날도 오겠네요.
제목
Category